Thursday, April 20, 2006

Falling Leaf


Well another Leaf has fallen. Pat Quinn has been fired from the Mighty Maple Leafs. I am not surprised about his passing but question the decision to keep Ferguson as GM. From what I understand he is a rookie GM and I am not sure what experience he brings to the table. The Toronto Maple Leafs are arguably the largest and most recognized hockey franchise in the world, albeit they are loved by many, hated by most. I think Paul Maurice will be a good fit for the Leafs and transform the team as he has done with the Marley’s and Carolina Hurricanes if he gets the nod from the Leaf gods. As great as Quinn has been for the Leafs, his old style and times as a valued coach are drawing close to an end. I foresee retirement in a few years after helping a team rebuild like New Jersey or Chicago. I do hope to see a purging of Leaf players. Ferguson will need to shut the doors of the Leafs Seniors home and build a solid team for the next season cup run. No more excuses, no more valid taunts from arrogant Sens fans. Stop picking on the Leafs you bunch of bullies. You just wait until next year! I wonder if a Leaf fan has ever said that before....hmmm.

~2q

3 Comments:

  • Steve...have you given up on blogging? Or are you still depressed?
    Mel

    By Blogger Melissa, at 11:57 AM  

  • Just for the record...

    ...you suck at blogging...

    Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 9:43 AM  

  • I'm sorry but Steve is not in at the moment. If you'd like to leave the time and date you called, I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank You.

    ~2q

    By Blogger Qurios, at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home